There are more than 2 million apps available for download on the Google Play Store and App Store. From banking to shopping to tracking your fitness goals, apps are everywhere. And, this number is only increasing!
The process of downloading apps on both iOS and Android devices is relatively simple; however, there are some differences between the two platforms. We will provide step-by-step tutorials for installing apps on Android and iOS devices.
NOTE: For this tutorial, we will be using the Google Play Store on Android and the App Store on iOS. Your experience may differ if you use a different app store.
How to Install an App on Android?
The Google Play Store is a prominent way to find new Android 7.0 apps and more for your phone. To install an app, follow these steps:
- First, open the Play Store app and sign in to your Google account. If you don’t have one, you can register for one within the app.
- Once you are signed in, you will see a list of different categories including Apps, Movies & TV, Books, Games, Music and Magazines.
- Choose Apps to get started.
- Within the Apps section, you can either browse through featured and recommended Android 7.0 apps or search for a specific type of app using the search box at the top.
- Once you have found an app that you want to install, tap on it to view more information about it. If it’s a free app, you will see an ‘Install’ button. Tap on this and follow the instructions. The app will then be downloaded and installed onto your device.
- Now you need to agree to the terms and conditions.
- For paid apps, you will need to enter your payment information before tapping on the ‘Buy’ icon. After making the purchase, the app will start downloading to your device.
- You can check on the progress of the download by opening the ‘My apps & games’ section of the Play Store.
After the download, you can find the app on your home screen and start using it. To get your answers on how to update apps on an Android tablet, you just need to follow the same process as on an Android phone.
How to Install APK on iOS?
You can either find apps through the App Store on your iOS device, or you can sync apps from your computer using iTunes. If you are using an iPhone or iPad, use the App Store to search and install apps. But before installing an app, you will need to set up an Apple ID. Now follow the steps;
- On your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
- Tap on the App Store icon on your Home screen.
- Once you are in the App Store, browse or search for the app that you want to install.
- When you find the app, tap on Get and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Note that some apps might have in-app purchases that require additional payment before they can be installed. If the app is not free, you won’t see the Get button, instead, you will see the price of the app. When prompted for payment, enter your Apple ID password to confirm the purchase.
Tips to Securely Download Apps from the iOS and Android Store
It’s important to be vigilant when downloading apps. Here are 7 tips to help you do just that:
- Check the reviews before downloading an app
Checking the reviews can give you a good idea of whether or not an app is likely to be safe and secure.
- Check the app’s permissions before downloading it
When you download an app, you will be asked to grant it certain permissions. These permissions should be limited to what the app actually needs in order to function.
- Only download apps from official app stores
Stick to official app stores like the iOS App Store or Google Play Store to minimize your risk.
- Keep your operating system and apps up to date
Make sure that your operating system and all of your apps are always up to date. Operators’ system updates usually include security patches that can help protect you from the latest threats.
- Use a secure WiFi connection when downloading apps
This step will help protect your device from malicious actors who might try to intercept your data while it’s in transit.
- Use a reputable antivirus or anti-malware app
The antivirus and anti-malware apps can help detect and block malicious apps before they can do any damage.
- Be careful what you click on
Hackers will often try to trick you into downloading a malicious app by disguising it as something else. If you are not sure whether or not an app is safe, err on the side of caution and don’t download it.
Some Last Words
So, now that you know how to install APK on iOS or Android device, go ahead and start browsing the App Store or Google Play for your favorite new game, productivity tool, or food outlet. Just make sure you download all the Android 7.0 apps & other iOS apps from the official Google Play and App Store to prevent any data theft and hacking issues.